Thursday, October 25, 2007

Retracing my steps to the blogging-fold

I wandered off from the blissful world of blogging nearly three months ago, and like a repentant sinner, I have been up to loads of stuff and a little mischief too...

I never intended to deal my beloved blog a fatal blow or burn my blog-bridges through my on-again and off-again relationship with my blog. We are back... (until the next time, anyway). I am aware that this kind of behaviour can bring blog-traffic to a screeching halt, when you, my fellow blogee, in sheer frustration, decide to de-blog me from your blog-consciousness...

All this blog-talk is making me 'bloggy'... Over-compensating perhaps?

Anyway, let me bring you up to speed with what I have been up to:
a) I have put on a solid 10 pounds since my last blog post (I can still hear Beauty screaming in pure horror when she saw me after three months. She nearly shocked me into dieting...).
b) I have since finished my three-month internship at AICC, and been granted an extension until December, thankfully.

My spell away from the blog-hood has taken me on a serious learning curve.
Lesson learnt and worth sharing:
There is truth in the pidgin wisdom: “The world is go buy you the way you sell yourself” (sic!). Jo, people, there is this former staff member (pioneer WoWer), who left AICC to pursue his MBA in the U.K. Upon his return to S.A, Nkosi Ndlovu has become hot property, with some seriously attractive job offers throwing themselves at the brother.

Picture this: No sooner had the guy recovered from his jet-lag last week, than it was time to sign on the dotted line of a very lucrative contract the AICC had carefully drawn up for him.

Possible question: Are the Laws of Attraction (as in Rhonda Byrne's bestseller, The Secret) at work here or is it simply that the world loves a confident and skilled professional?
Is it perhaps that his qualifications now affect how the world sees him or does his education affect how he sees (and sells) himself, and therefore changing the way we see him?

Positive vibe: I have since come to the conclusion that there is a domino effect and relationship between how we see ourselves and how the world sees us. Yes, we can appreciate in value. If we change the lens through which we see ourselves, the world around us will follow suit... most probably.

2 comments:

Adam N. Mukendi said...

Hi Sue Mwangi,
Nice post and thanks for sharing. Truly I do believe that the world always sees us through our own eyes. If a lion can see any fear in you through your eyes, then this world will always acknowledge your positive energy. Academic achievements help us more or less but what count most is how you define yourself (ambitions and determination).
Personally, I think adding up 10 pounds shouldn’t be a big issue. The problem is how you feel from within. If you think that now you look more beautiful, everyone will feel it and accept you as you are. To quote the secret, I would tell you that “your mind is master over your life”. Diet will fail if your mind is not set.
Adam

Susan Arthur said...

Roll out the confidence.. Confidence is THE secret! (and the 10 pounds - which I'm sure is an exaggeration - should make no difference.) Adam said it all..