Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Post Interview Analysis

Jo! I have just received a killer licking; delivered unrelentingly after the one-hour job interview I have just emerged from. Jo, I have a pressing need to 'detox!"

It was a written interview. The question seemed a bit off, but thankfully, when my fingers hit the keyboard, I was pretty confident that although my brain was delivering the answers in dribs and drabs, I had given a pretty good account of myself... This feeling did not last long. No sooner had my feet carried me out of the building than my brain went into over-drive; delivering a deluge of what would clearly have been the more appropriate responses.

Jo, the self-flagellation (a brand of mob-(in)justice inflicted on self), that has happened between the interview room and the Cybercafe, where I am presently off-loading, has been massive.

Why do things seem clearer afterwards? the morning after? a divorce or separation later? a fight or argument later? an interview later? Grrh!

Enough of this whinning business. I still have a chance to redeem myself. The interview ain't over by a long shot. The oral component will take place over lunch on Thursday. I need to brace myself for that... upto & including working up an appetite. After today's performance that is going to be an uphill task!

No comments: