Thursday, April 3, 2014

Birthday Blues

When I look at the rung on which my life is seemingly perched,
and contemplate the heights to which I desire to climb,
a heaviness descends over me... and leaves me weak in the limb.
I get the sinking yet re-assuring feeling that without Divine assistance,
I labour in vain.

If I did not factor God in the equation of my life,
I'ld be all over the map, lost in off-the-chart imbalance.
My life makes sense, even when it doesn't, because God's in it!

I therefore, choose to believe the truth. 
Yes, for the most part, my cup has been full to over-flowing.
With every passing year, I've seen boundless bounty and blessing.

so,

To my limbs: 'Press on!
Climb the ladder of life... one rung at a time.

To m'dearest heart: 'Keep your chin up!'
Rejoice and sing-out-loud!
God's not through with us yet!

... in the end, we win!

No comments: