Friday, April 9, 2010

Finding My True North

It's been a good many moons since I last made contact with any of you beloved blogites (sounds like some of those warring bible tribes, (Hitites, Amalakites and other –ites…huh?)).

A good many things have happened since that last time... the most major of these changes being settling down north of South. T's been pretty hot-and-cold... finding my feet and bearing. This transition business is oh so not my cuppa tea!

However, there is an upside. I get to experiment with ‘this-and-that’ as I toy around with various possibilities that life presents to me from time to time. One of the highlights has been the opportunity to immerse myself in my pet-project: writing short stories. I have my first works of fiction under my belt, well almost... loving it!

Another of my little self-indulgences (or is it an act of sheer courage) has been signing up to learn French. Moi! I have had a love-hate relationship with the French language for years now... This year, I decided to take this flirtation to the next level, Oui! I am presently stumbling all over my French conjugaisons like a non-sense (if ever there was a totally tired Nairobian expression, this would have to be it!)

I have been involved in some community work too. That has been very insightful. I have learnt truck-loads about us human beings. We really are complex… This place called dunia and the people who live in it have a way of bringing out the best and the worst in all of us… (enough said... lest eh, mmh!)

I also intend to make my fair contribution towards saving the planet. I have decided to sacrificially shed off a few pounds in the name of traveling light through life (both literally and figuratively speaking). Watch this space[:)].

Been busy... so busy that I have opened an idea journal... (with enough luck and action, these ideas may just translate into cash... soon. Then, I will throw a legendary E-bash!).

No comments: